E++ crash's when right-clicking in white space

Found a bug or something that needs fixing?
manmademat

Re: E++ crash's when right-clicking in white space

Post by manmademat »

Hey guys,

I had this problem, where Explorer++ would crash if I Right clicked on whitespace in a folder.

Found that if I set the "Run this As Adminstrator" in the Properties of the Explorer++ file and Applied to All Users.

This fixed the issue.

Created an account just to put this on here. So someone doesn't spend 45 mins trying to fix this annoyingly small problem.
Meral_Harbes

Post by Meral_Harbes »

Made an account to thank manmademat. "Run this As Adminstrator" fixes this.
explorerer

Post by explorerer »

I created an account just to give a little more detail about what manmademat said, such as how to set "Run this program as administrator" in Properties:
Found that if I set the "Run this As Adminstrator" in the Properties of the Explorer++ file and Applied to All Users.
  • On your computer, find the file: Explorer++.exe
    Right-click on the file then scroll down to Properties
    Click the Compatibility tab
    At the bottom of the window, check the box that says “Run this program as an administrator”
    Click Apply or OK
Doing this will fix the crash that happens when right-clicking in white space of the Explorer++ program.
shoxation

Post by shoxation »

Meral_Harbes wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:24 am Made an account to thank manmademat. "Run this As Adminstrator" fixes this.
Sadly it doesn't fix it for me. Right clicking an empty space on any folder (other than the starting one) will stillresult in a crash, even with admin.
I repeat it and it works every time, open explorer++, open some folder in a new tab, right click a couple times on an empty space, crash. Good luck.