Bookmar toolbar displays nothing

Found a bug or something that needs fixing?
pauldev

Bookmar toolbar displays nothing

Post by pauldev »

I've seen several references to similar problems, but no solution other than to make sure that the "Show on Bookmarks Toolbar" option is checked for each bookmark. I have this option checked, and the Bookmarks toolbar is visible, but there is nothing on the toolbar. I tried adding a bookmark (a) by clicking Bookmark this Tab; and (b) by dragging a folder on to the toolbar. Neither works. The bookmarks appear in the drop-down menu, but not on the toolbar.

I am running Windows 7 32-bit. I am running the portable version of Explorer++. My font size is normal (100%) not 125%. (I saw another topic which indicated that this might be a cause).

One of the key reasons I don't like the standard Explorer in Win 7 is that they removed easy access to "Favorites". You need to scroll all the way to the top (in the left pane) to access favorites. So, I'm looking for a replacement which gives me easy access to Bookmarks/Favourites. Here's hoping Explorer++ is the one.

Ta.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: Bookmar toolbar displays nothing

Post by David Erceg »

Hi Paul, thanks for the report. I've been gradually working on rewriting the bookmarks functionality. Unfortunately that means that no bugs in the current version will be fixed. Your best bet would be to wait until the next version is released.
pauldev

Post by pauldev »

Thanks David. Looking forward to the next release. Any idea when that may be? Or is it just whenever you find time? I presume this is a hobby project.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

When I find time :) It is a hobby, so I work on it when I get the chance.

To be honest, I was finding the work to be a little stale after so many years, and I took some extended breaks. But, I've been working on it more vigorously since the end of last year, and recently (in the last week) I've returned to working on the bookmarks, which is what's blocking the release of the next version.

I don't have any date in mind, since it depends on too many things, but I hope that provides some insight.
pauldev

Post by pauldev »

Thanks David. I will wait patiently ;)
pauldev

Post by pauldev »

Hi David. Here's another suggestion for the Bookmarks feature. It would be great if we could open the target of a bookmark in a new tab. Ideally, this would be done by middle-clicking on the bookmark (whether that's on the toolbar or in the drop-down menu). This would mimic the behaviour of browsers (Firefox, Chrome - not sure about IE). As an alternative, one could right-click on the bookmark and select an option to open in a new tab, but this would not be as convenient.

As a further enhancement of this feature, a configuration option could allow users to select whether they wanted bookmarks to be opened in a new tab always. If this is selected, then a normal left-click would open the target in a new tab.

Thanks & Regards. Paul.
pcl5389

Post by pcl5389 »

I found if set the toolbar height from 22 to 23,the bookmark will appeared!
pauldev

Post by pauldev »

Hi pcl5389: How do you set the toolbar height? I have not been able to find any configuration setting for that.
kokish

Post by kokish »

void Explorerplusplus::CreateMainControls(void) function deduces ToolbarSize (a height value of bookmark toolbar) from TB_GETBUTTONSIZE, which probably is not enough and we have to take into account its padding value got by TB_GETPADDING. The sum of two values will give true ToolbarSize and therefore make bookmark buttons visible again.
Rafi

Post by Rafi »

How does a non-developer change the height of (bookmark) toolbar?

Thanks,
Rafi