Unable to drag back navigation pane (folders tree view)

Found a bug or something that needs fixing?
nmayorga

Unable to drag back navigation pane (folders tree view)

Post by nmayorga »

With the View-Folders selected--- Explorer++ opens a navigation pane with easy access to the files on the left.

However, when I dragged the vertical bar all the way to the left, hiding the Navigation Pane - I could no longer bring it back. With Views-Folders selected, I have tried dragging it back from the window's left edge with no further success. At this point, I have no easy navigation pane available. I cannot drag it back and make the contents visible.

It is not a single case, multiple users have experienced the same problem.

Please help if anyone has a solution.
Thank you.
Edgar5

Re: Unable to drag back navigation pane (folders tree view)

Post by Edgar5 »

Worst case solution…
Run Explorer++ from the command line:
Explorer++.exe -clear_settings
this should cause Explorer++ to clear out all its settings and return the Navigation Pain to its normal size and location.
nmayorga

Post by nmayorga »

Hello Edgar,

Thank you for your response. It certainly solved the issue. :) Most of our users are in Citrix environment. We have yet to test this solution on all our servers.
Also, after we ran the command, it prompted the following message "Settings cleared successfully"; however, we noticed it opens the same message every time you run the application. Can this message be cleared? But, as I said, we will be testing further and have a better feedback on the suggested solution.

Much appreciated,
Natalia
Edgar5

Post by Edgar5 »

I don't use Explorer++ "out-of-the-box" (I have made hundreds of changes to the code - many thousands of lines) and some of the changes affect this functionality specifically. In the View menu there is a selection for "Folders". The toggling code could be made smarter such that if the pane is very small and it is toggled on it could be made large enough to be draggable.
nmayorga

Post by nmayorga »

Thanks again Edgar!