Bookmarks toolbar not being saved in xml file

Found a bug or something that needs fixing?
Coalcracker

Bookmarks toolbar not being saved in xml file

Post by Coalcracker »

In version 1.4.1142, the problem of Explorer++ not appearing as a window has been fixed. However, any bookmarks set in the Bookmarks Toolbar are not being "remembered". A restart shows a blank toolbar every time.
der_juden

Re: Bookmarks toolbar not being saved in xml file

Post by der_juden »

I'm having this exact same problem. When I reboot my windows 10 machine all settings that should be remembered are gone. ie folder view settings and any bookmarks.
Coalcracker

Post by Coalcracker »

In ver 1.4, in the XML file, the bookmarks entry is totally ignored. Never updated. I copied my bookmark entries from ver 1.3 and pasted them between <Bookmarks> and </Bookmarks" in ver1.4. They are removed immediately when starting ver 1.4

If you uncheck portable mode in options all appears OK. The bookmarks are written to the registry. Really would prefer an XML file.

So, to summarize, portable mode does not work.
der_juden

Post by der_juden »

Interesting because I don't have portable mode turned on. Its off by default yet its still not remembering any settings between reboots. I am admin on this machine as well.
FOAPIDocx

Post by FOAPIDocx »

I have also experienced problems with portable mode. I am using version 1.4.0.1932 dev (64-bit build) Build date: Aug 14 2022 22:55:55

Basically, E++ seems to have trouble writing the xml file: sometimes it can, and sometimes it cannot write this file.
- Most settings get saved when not using portable mode. Most settings do not get saved when using portable mode.
- Thinking that there might be a permissions problem related to my having manipulated the config.xml file, I tried renaming the config.xml as something else so that E++ would create a new one next time it ran. However E++ just won't run in portable mode: even when I remove the old file, enable portable mode, apply the new setting, then quit and rerun E++, it does not run in portable mode: the config.xml file does not get created and the "portable mode" checkbox is not checkmarked.

I am an admin on this machine, but did not see any change to E++ behavior when I ran it as admin, other than UAC bugging me to allow E++ to run every time I started it.

I suppose I will try running as admin and maybe even turning off UAC for a moment to see if that helps... will let y'all know what happens...

HTH