Large Icon Default

Found a bug or something that needs fixing?
goodBud

Large Icon Default

Post by goodBud »

Hi,

Why aren't we able to set 'Large icon' as a default type. The only way I have been able to do this is to use portable settings to .xml, change the global view parameter to 8, and then set the file to read only. If I don't set the file to read only, the setting gets reverted to 1 (medium icons) every time i close Explorer++. Needless to say, I don't like having to have the settings xml file in read only because it disables saving other features (window position/size, etc.). Could you please make this small fix?

Also, My windows 7 displays an Icon size that is in between your 'Large' and 'Extra Large'...I would prefer this size, but it is not available so I have settled on Large.
ASD

Re: Large Icon Default

Post by ASD »

I want to display the large size icon at default, too.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

If you set the default manually in the config.xml file, the change will stick, provided you don't open the options dialog. I realize that's not the greatest workaround ;)

Fortunately, I've just updated the dialog so that the view modes are shown in a dropdown list. You'll then be able to select large icons, small icons, thumbnails, etc.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. Could you give a longer explanation?
a8127553

Post by a8127553 »

Sorry for bumping old topic, can you please add this to dialog? Please please please.
ronmanbolling

Post by ronmanbolling »

I'd like to see the feature of seeing only the current view's icon size added as well. To clarify: In Windows 7 crapware Explorer you have the (surprisingly) useful option of setting the global view to whatever size icon you wish. (It's full of bugs though, as we all know, and why I decided to switch to Explorer++). Once you close the program the user-selected default view returns, thereby preventing an addition step of once again selecting your desired icon size before continuing with your task.