No scrolling at all

Found a bug or something that needs fixing?
twinsen

Re: No scrolling at all

Post by twinsen »

When I got a new mouse, I found a modified explorer++ 1.2 stopped scrolling.
I downloaded explorer++ 1.3 and scrolling worked (so all those patches fix my issue).
Unfortunately I still wanted my modded 1.2 version working, and I discovered a cool program called KatMouse.
http://ehiti.de/katmouse/
If you go to the classes tab you can drag an icon to the explorer++ list view that does not scroll, double click the entry. Unticking "Window has wheel scrolling support?" fixed scrolling in explorer 1.2. Also the default scrolling was not to my liking, and I could even change that to do 5 lines at a time.
Others may find tools like this might assist investigating why scrolling does not work.

I also had a scroll shortcut on my tabs (shift scroll to scroll tabs), I can't seem to fix that with the tool but I can live with the ctrl-0 to ctrl-9 keys till I convert to e++ 1.3.
twinsen

Re: No scrolling at all

Post by twinsen »

I had some other mouse scroll problems with VS2010.
Downloading new drivers for my "Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500" fixed all scrolling problems I had. Now Exploer++ 1.2 works fine without KatMouse (even scrolling between tabs).

So even if you have a microsoft mouse that came with no drivers, you should still search for some as Explorer++ might not be the only app to have problems. The drivers that came with my Win7 install are not good enough.