Any new version soon ?

Discuss development issues and submit patches here
pseudo555

Any new version soon ?

Post by pseudo555 »

Hello,

The last "stable" version is nearly one year old !
On the commit log, there are some activities: https://github.com/derceg/explorerplusp ... ter?page=1

Have you plan to release a new "stable" version soon ?
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: Any new version soon ?

Post by David Erceg »

It all depends on when the bookmarks functionality is completed. I had started rewriting it a while back, but never finished it. I'll probably get back to it after I complete what I'm working on now. Basically, aside from the minor changes I've pushed to GitHub, I have a lot more work I've done over the last month (which hasn't yet been pushed). Once I'm done with that, I have a few other minor things I want to fix up, but then I'll probably look at the bookmarks again.

So while I don't have an exact date or timeframe in mind, I am gradually working towards the next version :)
pseudo555

Post by pseudo555 »

Ok ;)

Is there a way to got a snapshot/nightly build (even with broken bookmark manager) without compiling the source code ? Or do you prefer to wait until you fix more bugs before fix the automatic nightly build ?
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

Part of the reason I haven't updated the nightly build in a while is that the build script I wrote is broken. It checks out the most recent version using SVN, and of course that no longer works since I've switched to Git. Before the switch there weren't many changes, so there was no real reason to update it.

It's the type of thing I'd love to push to a build server, but as far as I'm aware such things don't really exist for Visual Studio (at least not as free services). After I finish the current batch of changes, I'll probably upload an updated version, either manually or by fixing the build script.
neminem

Post by neminem »

Oh! That is excellent news. I checked this forum periodically, and also checked svn periodically, and seeing no changes, I assumed you'd gotten bored of this project and had stopped work on it completely. I didn't realize you'd just moved away from svn. :)

I've been using XYPlorer for the past while - which has its own set of annoyances, but is still being actively worked on, and has a few major working things that have been broken since forever in e++. I'd love to come back to e++, though.
David Erceg
Site Admin

Post by David Erceg »

Well my interest waxes and wanes ;) Because the code is relatively low-level, I sometimes dread the sheer amount of work that needs to be done to get anywhere, but most of the time I relish the challenge.