patch for handling the desktop tree refresh correctly

Discuss development issues and submit patches here
ajs

patch for handling the desktop tree refresh correctly

Post by ajs »

Hi David,
another patch for this.
http://www.explorerplusplus.com/forum/v ... ?f=5&t=459

This is a bigger patch then the previous ones. Creating, renaming.deleting folders from the desktop was not handled correctly before, since the treeview was only updated in one point (user desktop folder or from root). This patch always updates both the entries from the root and the entries in the user desktop folder is visible. It also handle operations at a level deeper than the first folder on the desktop.
There are still some minor things I need to adjust related to "navigation" through folder desktop, but that will be for another patch. For the moment this handles the desktop in the right way.
I also found a situation which causes E++ to crash and can be easily reproduced. I will look into it as well with the next patch. In the meantime if you want you can read my explanation in the code (within "void CMyTreeView::EraseItems(HTREEITEM hParent)" function).

Previous patch file was incorrect. Attachment updated
The patch is against commit v156 and includes the previous ones not yet committed. You need to copy the updated icon files manually.
Attachments
patch_03__v156.zip
(33.78 KiB) Downloaded 532 times
ajs

Re: patch for handling the desktop tree refresh correctly

Post by ajs »

Updated patch against commit 159.
This patch includes only the changes for this function, without any another change made.
Attachments
patch_03__v159.7z
(3.53 KiB) Downloaded 494 times
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: patch for handling the desktop tree refresh correctly

Post by David Erceg »

Thanks, patch committed.