Patch to extend filters to folder names.

Discuss development issues and submit patches here
ajs

Post by ajs »

Extends the filter to folders as well, not only files.
Later (after commit of the regex filter patch) I am planning more on this (see http://www.explorerplusplus.com/forum/v ... 2075#p2075)

Also this patch "unifies" the key shortcut needed for filters. I found confusing to use Ctrl+Shift+F to open the filter dialog and Ctrl+G to apply/remove the filter. I often ended up pressing the wrong keyboard shortcut a few times before realizing I had to change the button. So I chose to use only the 'G' key ('F' is already used for the search dialog):
- Ctrl+Shift+G to open the filter dialog
- Ctrl+G to apply/remove the filter

Actually I would love to use the 'F' key, since it is closer to the Ctrl and Shift and it is easier to reach all keys with one hand (and since the search dialog can already be opened by 'F3'). But before making that change I would like to know David (and others)'s opinion as well.

Tiny patch against commit 186
Attachments
patch_40__v186.7z
(966 Bytes) Downloaded 654 times
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: Patch to extend filters to folder names.

Post by David Erceg »

Rejected.
chumley

Re: Patch to extend filters to folder names.

Post by chumley »

David,
The simple "Rejected" responses seem disrespectful to people who are trying to contribute to the project. It would be helpful if you could at least include a 1-line explanation of why you are rejecting the patches. That way other people can better understand your vision for E++ and not waste time submitting other patches that are likely to be rejected. Thanks.