Patch to fix creation of folders on network drives

Discuss development issues and submit patches here
ajs

Post by ajs »

Creating folders on network drives was failing due to an error in the code which handles long file names. This patch fixes the problem.
It is now possible to crate folders on network drives using CTRL+N, the toolbar button or Action->New folder

Patch against commit 195
Attachments
patch_57__v195.7z
(567 Bytes) Downloaded 1350 times
ajs

Re: Patch to fix creation of folders on network drives

Post by ajs »

Patch updated to last commit (since the file name of the modified file has changed since the previous patch was released). Same functionality.
Patch against commit 203
Attachments
patch_57__v203.7z
(570 Bytes) Downloaded 1480 times
Helen

Post by Helen »

Hello there. I have a problem creating a new folder on a network drive. It gives me the error "The folder could not be created. Please ensure you have sufficient privileges to create a new folder in this directory." I can assure you I have privileges :) It works when I use that monstrosity called Windows Explorer.

My OS is Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit.
The e++ version I have been using for a couple of years is 1.3.0.261, 32 bit.
And, I just tried version 1.3.5.531, 32 bit, hoping that this bug had been addressed by now.

I tried the linked patch, I am not sure what to do with it, I put it in the root where Explorer++.exe is. Didn't make a difference though.

Please let me know if there is something I can do to resolve this bug.

Thanks.
prl77

Post by prl77 »

Was this patch ever committed into the main code? I have v1.3.5.531 (64-bit) running and the issue still exists. I can create a folder if I right-click and go New>Folder but the button throws the error.