Patch to fix the size of the "Folders" static text in the ho

Discuss development issues and submit patches here
ajs

Patch to fix the size of the "Folders" static text in the ho

Post by ajs »

Patch to fix the size of the "Folders" static text in the holder panel and the size of the "X" close button for both treeview and current tab.
See also here:
http://www.explorerplusplus.com/forum/v ... 748&p=2273
http://www.explorerplusplus.com/forum/v ... 2320#p2320

Patch against commit 195

Example with Tahoma 24, highlighting the size of the close button (which now matches the height of the "folders" text)
Capture_02-03-2011-15.20.09.gif
Capture_02-03-2011-15.20.09.gif (1.48 KiB) Viewed 6497 times
Notes for David about implementation.
If my understanding is correct, the Holder panel is supposed to be able to display more than one Item (the treeview) (for example it could display a "search pane" or a "preview pane" or even multiple panes if we add a splitter).
Therefore the static writing "Folders" should (IMHO) be linked to the treeview itself and not to the Holder pane (i.e. if we hide the treeview but we display a preview pane, the writing should be different).
Because of this reason I have moved the code handling the "Folders" static text from the Holder project to E++ project. Basically the "paint" message of the Holder doesn't write anything anymore. Instead when E++ creates the Treeview control, it also creates a static text named TreeViewLabel. The "size" message then will take care of sizing the text appropriately.
The code is really C-style, since it is nested into a piece of C-style code. For the future, it would be wise to review some of the code which handles the controls and rewrite it in C++-style (not just the new code but the entire thing). This would be helpful especially if we want to introduce dual panel view, preview panel and XP-style side search panel.
Let me know if this fits your mind or if you have any objection for the plan.
Attachments
patch_59__v195.7z
(2.79 KiB) Downloaded 598 times
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: Patch to fix the size of the "Folders" static text in the ho

Post by David Erceg »

Rejected.