Er, has the developer abandoned Exp++?

Ask any support questions here
glibble

Er, has the developer abandoned Exp++?

Post by glibble »

I love Explorer++. Been using it for nearly a decade now to replace the standard Windows shell. But I posted a question about a week ago with no response, and I see that others are having the same experience (or, rather, the lack thereof). As far as I can tell, the most recent build was released in 2017. Here on the forum, the failure to address the Windows 10 query is especially alarming, as that's the next step for most of us. If the developer has moved on to other things, then sadly we'll have to do that as well.

Eventually all good things come to an end. Developer? Has that happened to our beloved Explorer++?
David Erceg
Site Admin

Re: Er, has the developer abandoned Exp++?

Post by David Erceg »

There's still development taking place. I worked on it earlier this year and I've been working on it again today, actually. I tend to take breaks of several months, so it's not unusual for me to disappear for a while. I do also read posts here, though I'm not very active when it comes to replies.

The most recent builds are from 2 days ago, based off changes that were made about 2 months ago. You can find the builds at:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/derceg/ ... nch/master

I'd really liked to have released a newer version within the last few years, but the work on the bookmarks system is holding things up. I had decided to re-implement it years back and it's still in an unfinished state. It is gradually getting there, though. There have been quite a few changes in what will become version 1.4 (see https://github.com/derceg/explorerplusp ... istory.txt), so the plan is definitely to release another version at some point.
glibble

Re: Er, has the developer abandoned Exp++?

Post by glibble »

Thx for replying, and great news that development continues!