Directory Listing Font Size (want to increase, please).

Ask any support questions here
centaur

Directory Listing Font Size (want to increase, please).

Post by centaur »

Hello. I switched to your program because I got tired of my computer not remembering to display my directory listings in "Details" mode between sessions. I love your program and will make a donation. I have one issue, however, and that is the font size the program uses to display directory listings. I use Windows 7 64 and I have played with the "Change Windows Colors and Metrics" values in the OS thinking something here would increase the font size in the program. I was unsuccessful (I had unintended consequences with other things changing but the Explorer++ directory listing font stayed the same after making the change and seeing updated results in the OS and restarting the Explorer++ app). If I am missing something, please advise. Otherwise, is there a way within the Explorer++ application to increase the display font of directory listings? I really don't want to increase any other aspect of Windows or the Explorer++ application, just the font size of the display directories. Any assistance is much appreciated. Thank you.

Best,
Frank
Clasof56

Re: Directory Listing Font Size (want to increase, please).

Post by Clasof56 »

hi, i posted this some time ago...hope it helps..
ah, success. i can answer my own question. yes, you can increase the size of the font for explorer plus plus....actually its windows and it works just fine. let me see if i can get the steps:
in win7 go to start, control panel, appearance and personalization, change window glass colors, at bottom of that page is advanced appearance settings, dropdown under item, icon, change font size to like 17...apply, ok...done.... now ex ++ should be larger font...if items on desktop got too big then control-scroll to change them to your likes. is much better for me a little larger. good luck.
summer62

Post by summer62 »

Feature Request for the ability to update the font size:
Yes, you can change the font size within Windows per the directions in the previous post. But large font sizes don't display exactly correct. The height of the Address Bar, for example, is fixed. Larger fonts can't be read in the Address Bar. So, it would be really nice to have a new feature where the font size could be updated within Explorer++ and all controls would adjust automatically. If we had a vote, I think the "eyes" would prevail on this one.
mel

Post by mel »

Yes, this should be bumped as a feature request. I suspect that many people that use Explorer++ are getting up there in the years, so our eyes could use that extra help, indeed. I assume the GUI would need to be redone in places, so an 'easy on the eyes' version might be needed. I know Microsoft can't get it right, as when I make fonts larger than 110% then some things don't fit, where I can't even access some stuff.